External Affairs Officer-Onshore
Key Result Areas
Maintain active relationship with DUSUP strategic Government partners such as DEWA, RTA, DM, JAFZA, TRAKEES, Dubai Holding and others involved it Dubai e-NOC system managed by RTA.
- Support Onshore to obtain government approval for land for exploration, drilling production, transportation pipelines and communication facilities.
- Support Onshore to publish records of the Dubai Municipality Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Act as liaison between Onshore and Emergency Services such as Dubai Policy, DCD, Dubai Ambulance and Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- Attend the committees and team as directed by the External Affairs Manag
- Support the DUSUP NOC team in securing NOCs from other authorities / utilities for Company-DUSUP projects and activities.
- Resolve NOC related issues with NOC applicant where required.
- Support NOC team in dealing with authorities for the investigating and correcting NOC violations.
- Support NOC team is establishing protocol with public developers neighboring the Pipeline Corridors.
DUSUP Assets and Licenses:
- Maintain formal records of Company-DUSUP assets such as affection plan, DM drawings, Land Deeds, Rent Contract, and others.
- Maintain the validity of licenses related to Onshore Operations from different authorities such as JAFZA, DCD and others.
- Serve as Onshore point of contact for internal inquiries related to DUSUP assets, land and interaction with government authorities.
- Ensure that all Onshore External Affairs communications, correspondence and minutes of meetings are documented and files in accordance with information Management policy.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for team members.
- Arrange conference calls, video conferences, and meeting facilities as required. Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, and distribute meeting notes.
- Draft formal letters in Arabic and English for communication to Government Authorities as directed by External Affairs Manager.
- Organise and maintain physical and digital filing systems for easy retrieval of documents.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal and external communications.
Candidate is required to perform all other duties and tasks assigned by External Affairs Manager.
- Degree, Diploma preferably in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of External Affairs experience in government relations and public affairs related to Oil and Gas Plant or Pipelines.
- Thorough knowledge of government authorities’ methods, function, regulations and duties and specifically the NOC function.
- Understanding of gas pipeline design, controls, maintenance and operations, and mitigation measures associated with pipeline risk.
- Knowledge of applicable engineering computer applications e.g. AUTOCAD and GIS.
- UAE driving license is essential; desert driving skills an advantage.
- Local knowledge of Dubai Emirate required.
- Good working knowledge of local authority methods and regulations necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of government processes and policies.
- NOC Rules.
- Proficient at time management and being able to assess critical work and less critical work.
- Strong verbal and written Arabi and English skills, including the ability to converse clearly with different levels of Management and government officials.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel & Word and basic Autocad
- Able to embrace and operate within a dynamic operationally focused environment.
- Strong team player with the External Affairs and Onshore Operations Teams.
- High degree of motivation, expected to work with minimum supervision.
- UAE Driving License.